1) Develops welding techniques, procedures, and application of welding equipment to problems involving fabrication of metals, utilizing knowledge of production specifications, properties and characteristics of metals and metal alloys, and engineering principles Conducts research and development investigations to develop and test new fabrication processes and procedures, improve existing or develop new welding equipment, develop new or modify current welding methods, techniques, and procedures, discover new patterns of welding phenomena, or to correlate and substantiate hypotheses.
2) Prepares technical reports as result of research and development and preventive maintenance investigations.
3) Establishes welding procedures to guide production and welding personnel relating to specification restrictions, material processes, pre- and post-heating requirements which involve use of complex alloys, unusual fabrication methods, welding of critical joints, and complex post heating requirements.
4) Evaluates new developments in welding field for possible application to current welding problems or production processes.
5) Directs and coordinates technical personnel in performing inspections to ensure workers' compliance with established welding procedures, restrictions, and standards; in testing welds for conformance with national code requirements; or testing welding personnel for certification.
INR 3,50,000 - 6,50,000 P.A
Industrial Products , Heavy Machinery
Production, Manufacturing, Maintenance
Production/ Manufacturing/ Maintenance
Welding, welder, welding engineer, fabrication, ndt, weld shop
(UG - B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization, Diploma - Any Specialization) AND (PG - Any PG Course - Any Specialization, Post Graduation Not Required)
- At least 10 years relevant welding engineering experience; preferably in oil and gas or Mining industry
- Bachelorís degree in Mechanical/Metallurgical Engineering or equivalent
- Knowledge in ASME, AWS, ISO, API codes
- Certified Welding Engineer is desirable
- Thorough understanding of quality principles, standards, internal business systems and processes etc