Ingersoll Rand is uniquely qualified to create and sustain safe, comfortable and efficient environments. Our people and our market leading brands, including Club Car
, Thermo King
, and Trane
, work together to inspire progress for our customers. For more information about Ingersoll Rand visit
As a member of Ingersoll Rand’s Legal Department, based in Brussels, you will be in charge of assisting the Senior Legal Counsels, with the legal support for the different divisions of Ingersoll Rand in the EMEIA region.
• The main focus will be on commercial issues and contracts;
• Perform legal work under supervision of a senior attorney, for whom you might advise on, review, draft and negotiate a variety of different contractual documents (e.g. Request for Proposals, Tenders, Sales Agreements, OEM Agreements, Distribution and Agency Agreements, Client Framework Agreements, Turn-Key Agreements, Terms and Conditions etc …);
• Build professional experience and might participate to the businesses deal review boards. These committees are responsible for the review and approval of commercial agreements exceeding certain thresholds or with certain exposure characteristics. The deal review committee consists of members of various departments (business, legal, finance, technical, pricing), with whom you will work closely together;
• As part of the larger Legal team you will assist in creating, implementing and enhancing the tools that are in place and create new ones where needed for the organization (contractual policies and guidelines, negotiation guides, standard templates, legal intranet, etc…);
• You might be called to assist on a diversity of other legal topics, such as claims, litigations, HR matters;
• Where needed, you will support the interaction with Ingersoll Rand’s advisors (Lawyers, Auditors, etc…);
• You might be required to travel on an occasional basis, primarily to the different Ingersoll Rand sites located in Europe.
• Master degree in Law;
• Approximately 6 to 18 months of work experience as an in-house counsel or as a lawyer in a business law firm. Working experience that exposed you to multi-jurisdictional experience (for instance at a US multinational) is considered a plus;
• You have a specific experience in commercial and contract law. The ideal candidate should have strong drafting and negotiating skills and enjoy reviewing, negotiating and commenting on commercial contracts;
• Excellent understanding of business processes and how they interact with legal processes;
• Fluent in English (you can easily draft and review contracts in English). Fluency in other European languages such as Italian or German is considered a serious plus;
• You are business orientated and you enjoy working in an international and multicultural environment;
• Have the ability to get things done fast and accurately. You are result orientated, well organized and a real team player;
• Work autonomously and like to take initiatives;
• You are alert, flexible and a quick learner. You have a positive attitude and strong communication skills.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Ingersoll Rand is committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employees, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.